Finally! I am getting this challenge going! Life took on a BUSY season and I was hoping to have this up mid December and kick off January 1st, but instead we will be officially kicking off on February 1.
So what is the 12K challenge? It is a fitness challenge that I believe *almost anyone can do no matter your age, weight, or fitness level. Together I am asking those of you who join me to participate in a wellness program that will hopefully as a group lead us to healthier habits for our bodies, better shape, and a better fitness level.
Each month – your basic goal will be to take it 1K at a time. A 1K is 5/8 of a mile. Each month we will add to that another K. This is your basic goal in this challenge – you can walk it, run it, tread mill it, elliptical it, whatever works for you. The goal is by the end of each month to have completed the challenge and by January 2014, be able to do a 12K which is 7.46 miles.
You know those people who are always doing 5k’s and you are thinking wow! That is amazing! They are actually running/walking 3.2 miles. When you break it down… it really is doable.
But…. what if there is no way I can physically do this challenge? No worries, there are no wrong ways of doing this. If due to health or other reasons this would not work for you, there will be a modified version where we will convert the K’s into minutes of what you can do. Simply let me know in the form below if you need a modified program. *As always, be sure any workout you do is approved by your doctor.
But…this is not a challenge for me, I am already doing 5 and 10K’s and need something more to keep me motivated. In your case, you would be in an advanced challenge. Maybe by the end of a 12 month period your goal may be a Half Marathon (13.10 miles) or a whole marathon (26.21 miles). Simply let me know in the form below if you need a modified program. *As always, be sure any workout you do is approved by your doctor.
This is perfect! It’s just the motivation I need to get moving towards a healthier me! Awesome, glad to have you on board! I hope that as a group we can motivate one another to reach our goals.
1. I am setting up a Facebook group for additional tips and support of one another. It will be optional to join but if you are looking for an extra boost, advice, food tips, etc… this may be something you want to take a look at. Our group will be closed, meaning invite only so you must sign upon the form to request access.
2. I am also working on a random generator that will be on this page soon. This generator will give you a random 20 minute work out goal for each day, anything from walking, lunges, stretching to dancing.
3. Throughout the week I will be posting here my fitness ideas, goals and anything in between so pop in often.
4. A question form will be set up for any questions you may have and if I do not have the answer, I will try to find someone who does and may post your questions anonymously if I feel it is something others may benefit from as well.
5. On Saturdays I will post healthy recipes here.
6. Occasionally there will be guest posts from friends of mine who are reaching their goals, and perhaps even you if you have a story you would like to share that fits with what we are doing here.
7. At the end of each month we will have a check in post where you are welcome to share how you are doing in the comment section or by writing your own post (if you have a blog) and I will have an area where you can link it so we can visit and cheer you on.
8. That’s the basics of it. Again, no matter what your fitness level, this can work for you! Let’s make 2013 a year to remember, to feel and be healthier, inside and out.
To participate please fill out the form. Your information will be confidential.
An email will be sent to you confirming your participation. YAY Team!!! Lets get moving! Remember, we officially will start here on February 1, but you may get started any time.